- How do you use hermit in a sentence?
- What’s another word for a hermit?
- What is the other name of stomach?
- Is belly a slang word?
- What’s the scientific name for stomach?
- Why is your stomach called a breadbasket?
- What is the opposite of sorry?
- What do you call a female hermit?
- What does it mean to be called a hermit?
- What is the opposite word of hermit?
- What loner means?
- What is the opposite word of forgive?
How do you use hermit in a sentence?
(1) The hermit followed an ascetic life – style.
(2) The cave was inhabited by a hermit.
(3) The old hermit was very cagey about her past life.
(4) Andrews Monastery, he lived the life of a hermit..
What’s another word for a hermit?
SYNONYMS FOR hermit 1 eremite, monastic, anchorite, cenobite.
What is the other name of stomach?
What is another word for stomach?bellytummybingypaunchpotbellypukutumgutsinsidemaw56 more rows
Is belly a slang word?
51 Answers. “Tummy” is one slang word. … Slang words for “stomach” include “tumtum”, “tummy”, and “belly”.
What’s the scientific name for stomach?
In anatomy, the stomach is an organ in the gastrointestinal tract used to digest food. … Latin names for the stomach include Ventriculus and Gaster; many medical terms related to the stomach start in “gastro-” or “gastric”.
Why is your stomach called a breadbasket?
Breadbasket has been used as slang in English since at least the mid-1700s. It can refer to the stomach as an actual digestive organ (“his breadbasket rumbled with hunger”), but these days it’s more commonly applied to the general stomach area (“rested her hands on her breadbasket”).
What is the opposite of sorry?
When “sorry” is being used to express sympathy, the opposite of sorry is “glad.” When “sorry” is being used to express remorse, the opposite of sorry is “unrepentant.” Of course there are other antonyms for “sorry” as well.
What do you call a female hermit?
: a woman who is a hermit.
What does it mean to be called a hermit?
A hermit, or eremite (adjectival form: eremitic or hermitic), is a person who lives in seclusion. Hermits are a part of several sections of various religions and this concept has garnered significant attention and importance.
What is the opposite word of hermit?
What is the opposite of hermit?hedonistsensualistsybaritevoluptuary
What loner means?
a person who is or prefers to be alone, especially one who avoids the company of others: He was always a loner—no one knew him well.
What is the opposite word of forgive?
Opposite of to forgive (someone) for a fault or offense. resent. blame. censure. begrudge.